Pages

Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Pão de Queijo - The Daring Baker Challenge May 2014

This month's Daring Bakers' Challenge took us on a trip to beautiful Brazil! Renata of "Testado, Provado & Aprovado!" taught us how to make Pao De Queijo, tasty cheese buns that make the perfect snack or treat, and that will make your taste buds samba!

Yum, yum. As a non-meat eater, the pao is all I eat when I go to a Brazilian steak house. OK, and a little bit of salad. I would munch and munch on them while the others chomp and chomp on meats. If you are wondering why a non-meat eater would go to a steak house, it's a social thing. Office events, hubby's office events ... 

Needless to say I was excited to try this out. I over-baked them a bit, I think. The crust was a little harder than I'd like it to be, but the inside was quite yummy. I cut them into bite-size quarters for PB's school snack the next day. I thought the monterey jack was good, but PB said "need more cheese next time". I guess he likes them much cheesier!

Thank you, Renata for the delicious challenge.




Pão de Queijo

1 comment: